Monday, March 5, 2012

Family party and Superbowl

Allie's birthday will always be around the same time as Superbowl which gives us another excuse to have a party!  we had family over and a couple of friends to celebrate.  Allie and I had made a BIG batch of cupcakes for her party Friday and we froze half of them for this party.  (never put them in the fridge- it will dry them out and freezing them actually keeps them perfect!)

 I must say that I was quite proud at how well they turned out  and the chocolate ones were so yummy!
Her invitation
 Our sweet little baby is definitely no longer a baby!  We love you Allie and are SO proud of the little girl that you have become!
 Beau, Dee and Alexis
 Allie, Carter, and Jon
 Nana and Pops
 Grandma and Grandpa
 Allie is explaining to Laney something very important! :O)
 Such sweet friends!
 I love her smirk!  She is my sweet girl!
 Getting ready to sing
She loves the attention and was so excited!

 "OK, now can I blow them out and eat it???!!!"

 Then we sang "Happy Birthday" to Laney who turned 3 a couple days before Allie (see next post for that party!)  She was so excited because she was not expecting it and she was so sweet about it!
 Lick frosting off first, then eat cake!
 When we went to San Antonio in Jan. we stopped at the Pottery Barn outlet store and right when we walked in there was something that caught Allie's eye immediately...  She was very sweet in the store about how she wanted this and it was SO beautiful.  We spent a good half hour there and I was not going to buy it especially because the last 10 minutes Allie was HORRIBLE!  It was one of her worst tantrums so Jon took her out of the store while I finished shopping.  (no nap that day)  When I got to the car, I asked Jon if I should go get it as I was having second thoughts.  Allie was SO upset when she saw that I did not have it with me!  She kept saying "But I really wanted it!"  I didn't want her  to think she got everything that she wanted so the debate...  And of course I had to go get it!  Jon was so supportive of it and really wanted her to have it.
 So as she opened the box she said "That's what I really wanted!!!"  "My Ballerina!!!!"  Oh it was PURE joy for her and I was SO glad that I went back and got it for her.
 AS Jon was putting it up that night, she told Nana and Grandma how she had thrown a fit at the store because she really wanted it and how she got in trouble for it...  So I guess she remembered and probably learned Fit = Ballerina!  Oh my.....
She has on her Ballerina PJ's and "Anna Belle" her Ballerina sleeps with her every night!  It was worth it and she really does love it and I told her the first time she played with it during nap it would be gone and she has not touched it yet!
Happy Birthdays- yes all your Birthdays sweet Allie!  We love you!

2 comments:

Alicia Searl said...

Cute! I guess now you will have to enroll her in ballet!!

Grandma Joan said...

Oh, how the sweet moments make us step back to realize how quickly time passes by.
I love reading and hearing her beautiful comments, most of them I do not have to wonder where they come from. Thank you Jon and Tiffany for the great job in creating a wonder environment for Allie.