Sunday, February 26, 2012

The start to many parties!

The first of the year has been very busy with parties! Allie has definitely enjoyed it all though and she has learned how to make some great cupcakes! The festivities began with a Sip and See shower for baby Kampbell who was born in early December.  Kampbell was a complete surprise and a welcomed addition for her older 2 sisters!
Bonnie and Kampbell who was about 7 weeks at the time.
 So precious!!!
Kennedy, Lindsey, and Allie watching Cinderella
 Allie and Meagan enjoying the brunch
 Sweet friends
 Christie, Bonnie, Alicia, and Allison and I.  We had lots of fun and enjoyed getting to do this for Bonnie.  The fun thing about having great friends is that everyone did such a great job and it really turned out so nice and it was stress free (or at least almost because it was at our house!)
This was Allie and I in the morning making the frosting for the red velvet cupcakes (minus the red artificial coloring)!  My sister in law got me the book from the TLC show "DC Cupcakes" and it has a lot of their recipes in it.  SO this was my first attempt at making gourmet cupcakes. However, the mixer left about 1/4 of the creamed sugar at the bottom of it, and I didn't realize it until AFTER I had already baked 24 cupcakes!!!  (I made 48 of them!)OH well, everyone said they were good- I just called them Muff-cakes; half muffin have cupcake!

 At the end of January, we went to Hailey's  birthday party at a super cute tea party boutique.  This was Allie before all the glam began!
 Allie and Meagan with their dresses on waiting to get their hair done.
 Making a tiara
 Getting her nails painted
They put on real eyeshadow and lipstick and gave her a fancy hairdo complete with glitter.  She was so funny because she kept her hands perfectly still and treated them like the polish was still wet for the ENTIRE party!  I don't even know where she learned that!

 As soon as she was done with her hair she went and checked it out in the mirror!  And she tilted her head trying to see every angle.  And the funny thing was that each little girl did that!
Allie and Claire
 Happy Birthday Hailey!  Thank you for inviting us!
 Enjoying yummy cake!  She let me scrap off all the colored frosting  and didn't mind at all because i had told her ahead of time that I was going to do that because I didn't want her to get a tummy ache.  She really is a great little girl and loves to obey and if I prepare her ahead of time she does great!  Now that Allie understands what a birthday party is, it is so much fun to see her get so excited!  All month, Allie kept saying "is it February yet?"  and she would tell people "I am still 2 1/2 but  I am almost 3!" Stay tuned for her 3rd birthday  post!

No comments: