My wonderful husband took me on a 10 day trip to Maui, Hawaii! We wanted to be able to take one more big trip before baby comes and before I get too big. When we went last year, we got lured into buying a timeshare- which actually has been a great thing, so we decided to use some of our points on the land of Aloha. Jon and I have figured out that we can't say "no" to a good sales pitch- even this year, we bought more points from them! (when we will learn?- hopefully before our kid(s) get too clever for us!) But, if you ever need advice on buying a timeshare, we can definitely help you out! :o)
So our trip this year was more for relaxing and just doing whatever than the big activities like we did last year. (the top blog picture was taken from a helicopter in Kaui last year- beautiful isn't it?) We did one boat ride to see the big sea turtles and snorkel around the crater/island. We got to swim with the turtles and I could have reached out and touched two of them; except for the $10,000 fine if I did! Our friends from our small group; Kim and Wayne were also in Maui, so we got to hang out with them a couple of times. Other than that, it was relaxing at the pool/beach, snorkeling, hiking the crater ( to see teh "magma"), going on Jon's driving adventures, or napping!
Here is what I have learned about myself: I think I much prefer warmer water and I like to go to places that have restaurants that I have been to before! Jon doesn't understand why I don't just jump into the water like he prefers (I inch my way in), and I don't last very long once I am in the water! Secondly, although I have always been a picky eater, since being pregnant I have a new disgust for pretty much all food. Which by the way, makes eating every 2-3 hours a nightmare! Needless to say, this was not pleasant for Jon (who by the way likes EVERY food) and he couldn't understand why I couldn't just stick it in my mouth, chew, and then swallow! However, I do appreciate his kindness and patience with me when I reached my mealtdown points, and he was pretty good at helping me find something to eat! I thought by now I was supposed to have food cravings, not food hatred!!
Overall, it was a great trip! We left before Hurricane Gustav and got home in time to fret over Hurricane Ike and it's impending doom! Not a bad way to end the summer!
So our trip this year was more for relaxing and just doing whatever than the big activities like we did last year. (the top blog picture was taken from a helicopter in Kaui last year- beautiful isn't it?) We did one boat ride to see the big sea turtles and snorkel around the crater/island. We got to swim with the turtles and I could have reached out and touched two of them; except for the $10,000 fine if I did! Our friends from our small group; Kim and Wayne were also in Maui, so we got to hang out with them a couple of times. Other than that, it was relaxing at the pool/beach, snorkeling, hiking the crater ( to see teh "magma"), going on Jon's driving adventures, or napping!
Here is what I have learned about myself: I think I much prefer warmer water and I like to go to places that have restaurants that I have been to before! Jon doesn't understand why I don't just jump into the water like he prefers (I inch my way in), and I don't last very long once I am in the water! Secondly, although I have always been a picky eater, since being pregnant I have a new disgust for pretty much all food. Which by the way, makes eating every 2-3 hours a nightmare! Needless to say, this was not pleasant for Jon (who by the way likes EVERY food) and he couldn't understand why I couldn't just stick it in my mouth, chew, and then swallow! However, I do appreciate his kindness and patience with me when I reached my mealtdown points, and he was pretty good at helping me find something to eat! I thought by now I was supposed to have food cravings, not food hatred!!
Overall, it was a great trip! We left before Hurricane Gustav and got home in time to fret over Hurricane Ike and it's impending doom! Not a bad way to end the summer!
1 comment:
Tiff
Looks like you had a blast! You are so blessed to go on these trips! What great memories. Hopefully these food dislikes will end soon! I woke up one day (around 18 weeks) and everything changed!! Hopefully it will do that for you too! :)
Post a Comment