Monday, February 4, 2013

Kyle's Newborn photos

The Saturday after Kyle was born, we had his newborn photos taken.  He was 5 days old and still so tiny!  My friend from high school, Cathy Noble, recommended Melanie Ashcroft to us as she was not sure if she would be able to do it with her daughters gymnastics.  But since she was available, she came to help Melanie and it was sooo terrific to have both of them doing these pictures for us!  And I think they turned out great because I had two experts doing them and not me trying to help!
Allie and Kyle's facial features match up exactly in this picture!  She doesn't look really happy but she did SOO good and was trying to do exactly what  they asked her to do.  The photo shoot took over 3 hours and she colored and Jon kept her busy when she was not in the photos.
  And I LOVE this one of his sweet face  and it looks like he is thinking about something with his furrowed brow!  Plus, it's interesting because his eyebrows and eyelashes had not come in yet!
And these two are my all time favorites!  I bought this shirt a year ago and I never thought that she would be wearing it for her brother's newborn photos!
I found a picture on Etsy with this pose and fell in love with it and they did a fabulous job recreating it! LOVE it and we got a big canvas one of it for his room!@
So sweet!
We were getting ready for another pose and he smiled and she was super quick and got this super fabulous shot of him!  And I love that my bracelet is showing and it is the two hearts that represent Jon and I.
This photo is actually two different ones combined because Cathy was holding him on one side and then the next shot I was holding him and now there are NO hands holding him!  TOO FUN!
I love this little guy!
 
I am SOOOOO glad that Jon let me have these photos taken!  It was an investment, but SOOO worth it!  The last newborn photos that we had were of Michael and Jake and they were awful and so many hard memories with them that this was needed.  I think he looks so much like Allie and also like Michael.
We are SO thankful for him and especially that he is so healthy and big!  Thank you Melanie and Cathy for such great photos!

No comments: