I realized that being on bed rest would mean no fun pictures of me while I was pregnant! And since I treasure the ones that I have when I was pregnant with the twins, I decided to take one each time we went to the doctor's. Another thing I started doing is having an original cheese (no meat) Schotzsky's for lunch after the Dr. appointment!
28 weeks and that was a huge milestone as far as baby's development! We were so thrilled to have made it to the "Safe zone!"
I also started getting up more and going to the kitchen to get myself something to eat at around 28 weeks and it was so much better for my outlook and being able to continue with bed rest! It was NOT easy for me to be so dependent on others for so much and it was just easier on everyone if I could just do some simple things! 
August seemed to drag on forever! It was sooo crazy with Allie not being in MDO and having to have multiple people watching her everyday! My mom was trying to take family leave, but they would not let her, but luckily we had awesome friends take her for a day their houses to play and Madi our wonderful babysitter! Even though Allie had fun with her friends, she was a mess and was in definite need of a routine and schedule! It would take Jon almost every night more than 2 hours to put her to bed with her screaming, yelling, kicking, crying.... and all I could do was lie in bed and listen! It would break my heart every night! I have realized that there are certain foods that set her off and she becomes uncontrollable (food sensitivity), but it was sooo hard to monitor what she ate when I was in bed all day!
Right at 29 weeks, I had a 4D ultrasound done and it was so fun! He had been head down but had turned breech a couple days before this- yes I could feel him doing it! We got a video of the whole session and lots of cute pictures! The one above is with the umbilical cord in front of his mouth.
Tired little guy! (from kicking mommy so much!!)
He has his eyes open and starting to smile
"Hi Mom and Dad!!!"
Profile shot. I was so glad that we got to have this done as it really did help me bond with him and see what I was fighting for each day! Even though I know there is a baby inside me, it is still hard to remember that when Allie seemed to need me just as much on some days. Plus, it was good to see him at about the same gestational stage as the boys- well sort of close to the stage.

September 5; 30 week doctor visit and when Allie started MDO this year. Things around the house got easier for me because Allie had a routine and was not having as many meltdowns during the day.
This was also 2 days before Michael and Jake's 2nd birthday. I thought I would be OK since last year it was not too bad, but this year was REALLY hard! I had wanted to have cute cupcakes and balloons for them and being on bed rest meant that I could not even go pick those out for them. All the feelings of helplessness and not being able to do ANYTHING for them while in the hospital came flooding back. We had Jon's parents and my parents over, but I didn't want to be a part of the evening- it was too much for me and too many emotions to deal with. And the possibility of losing another baby boy was all to real at that point.
30 weeks measuring albs 10 oz - he wouldn't move his hand away from his face. But he had turned face down again
2D of him after he moved his hand and he smiled for the picture! We even got it on video!!!At the end of 30 weeks, I started having a lot of contractions and actually had 10 in 1 hour and 10 minutes and almost went to Labor and delivery! After calling my Dr. he said double up on the meds and luckily they slowed down! What was funny is that this happened while Jon and I were watching the movie "what to expect when you are expecting!" I had been waiting for 3 months for it to come out on Netflix! I guess I was really into the movie!!!
31 weeks and my first glucose test which I failed! Luckily, I passed the 3 hour one!! I already have enough food issues when I am pregnant and to add that to my problems would have been too much for me to handle! We did get the Nutribullet this week and I started making lots of "green" smoothies with all sorts of fruits and vegetables! When I made one for Allie, she said "I don't like salad"when I put spinach in hers, but after she tried it she said "I DO like salad!"
My waist measured 40 inches which is 1 1/2 inches bigger than it was when I delivered Allie at 38 weeks!!! Funny thing is that Allie is also measuring about 40 inches in height right now which is almost 1 inch in 3 weeks! I have gained 18 lbs so far.
Jon took Allie to Galveston for the night this week to see his parents who were staying there and he also went on a couple day trip to Corpus. My mom stayed with us and both my parents have helped out so much.
32 week doctor visit. The contractions had pretty much gone away and I was feeling so much better about making it to full term. I could get up without having any and for the most part, they were gone
This was also so exciting because September was almost over and I was still pregnant!!! Plus, it went by so fast-especially compared to August that seemed to drag on forever! My spirits were definitely up and I could see the end in sight and I had already done 9 weeks of bed rest!!!
33 weeks! Been having lots of pain and feels like my stomach is going to detach from my body when I lie down! Much more comfortable to be sitting up!
This is my view of my stomach!
On our way to our 34 week Dr. appointment.... And I was totally surprised that he let me off bed rest!!!! I was expecting it to happen after 36 weeks when the cerclage came out so I didn't even get to do a count down in my head! BUT I was not going to complain!!! 11 weeks and 3 days of bed rest- done!!!! Oh happy day!! And he is measuring 5.5 lbs.!
And what perfect timing because the next day was the MEND walk to remember/balloon release to celebrate our boys' lives and I had been SO SAD that we were going to miss it this year!
But we got to go! I didn't do the walk so much but we did release the balloons and got the nice ornaments for their Christmas tree. I admit that it was too much for me that day as it was a long drive, but so glad we went. We didn't go out to eat that night because I was too worn out!
But I did take Allie to gymnastics on Monday and then to school on Tuesday (which was great to finally meet her teachers!) and then GIRL'S night out to Berry Hill tamale for dinner! Then on Wednesday, my dad and I went to Target (rode in a motorized cart again) and got baby stuff and some groceries.
Unfortunately, even with doing only one outing a day or every other day seemed to be too much for me because after a week, the contractions came back and if I am up too long they get really frequent and strong. SO....since I don't want to deliver right now; back to bed I go to spend most of my time. This picture cracks me up because he was literally hanging out on the right side of my belly! He moves A LOT!!!!
Saturday, Jon and I finally got to go out to eat at Fogo Da Chao! This was the last restaurant we went to before bed rest! We just get the yummy salad bar though and I had been wanting the cheese bread the whole time I was stuck in bed! It was nice to get out!!!
I couldn't really get too close to the table because my tummy is too big and it was painful to lean forward with his feet in my ribs!! And that night my right leg swelled up really big and stayed that way Sunday too! Not fun at all!
Sunday, my niece Julia had a ballet performance, Swan Lake, so we went with my parents. This was Allie's first live performance and she did GREAT! She sat perfectly for 2 hours! She was so excited!
Julia and Allie. Look at that smile on her face! She was in HEAVEN!So proud of Julia!
Grandpa and Allie painting! Thanks dad for helping on your days off!
And finally, we went to the grocery store on Tuesday for almost 2 hours!! It was so good to be able to shop for myself and not have to rely on memory and a list for someone else to do! And of course it was raining really hard when we were done, but it was sure fun!















1 comment:
Awww.. look at the car seat in the car! Family of four about to be here! You look great and it's so nice to see you smile in all of these pictures. Keep those spirits high!! Thursday means FULL TERM! woo-hoo!!!
Post a Comment