"Happy birthday Mommy! Can we have cupcakes for your birthday?"
Allie was so excited for my birthday and she was also excited that Grandma was coming over to watch her. But what she didn't realize was that she was NOT going out with Mommy and Daddy to celebrate! We felt so bad because she was so excited, but she had fun with my mom!And of course she had to put her tutu on to dance for me!
Jon and I went to Fogo De Chao for dinner. We love not only the yummy meat but the salad bar is the best!
After dinner, we visited with Bonnie who had just had baby Kampbell a few weeks before and then went and looked for boots for me. No luck- should have looked before Christmas! It was a fun night and good to just get out!
The following day was so nice outside that Allie and I went to the zoo. I love the new zoo! It looks so much better now!
There are 2 baby elephants and they were playing and making all sorts of noise! Allie was having a ball watching them and kept laughing!
And of course, we had to ride the merry go round and she choose a "George!"We packed a picnic lunch and ate by the lake and then fed the ducks. And to finish it off she got to swing in the park.
She is such a big girl now! But don't let this sweet face fool you to what happened next. We parked right by this park and when we went to the car, I told her to wait by me while I put the stroller in the back and she took off running in front of the car!!!!! I could not believe it! Luckily, it was the grassy area that she ran to because there were cars everywhere. She got in big trouble for that! She told me on the way home "Next time, Mommy I will listen and I won't run off!" She has started the "Next time" thing when she gets in trouble. I was just so shocked at how quickly she went from sweet to crazy!...
Telling George about her day at the zoo
Three days later, we went to the zoo again and brought my parents and nieces with us. This time the elephants were getting a bath.
I always knew that Amanda and my dad were a little "devilish"!!! :O) Check out the horns coming out of their heads!
The Longhorn cattle have HUGE horns!
Just hanging out with the girls!
These gorillas were right at the window and while watching them, one cam running by and pounced on the window right in front and Allie and scared us all!
In line to feed the giraffes!
"Ugh... he is really close!"
Check out that tongue!!
Allie was not so sure about feeding him but she did great with Grandma's help!
But don't let him get too close!
"more please!" This was really fun to do!
Check him out!
She loves hanging out with the big girls!
On Wednesday's we go to Library time and when it is nice outside we pack a picnic and play in the park. Sometimes, Libbie and her kids join us. And it has been really warm this winter, so we have had lots of picnics!New Year's Eve we had friends over to our house. Alicia and Jeremy picked up the food as I was NOT cooking! :O) We didn't have a sitter for Allie so she enjoyed dinner with us and all the attention with no other kids around! Then off to bed she went and we played games and talked!
Bonnie and Jim; and Alicia and Jeremy. (I look really short these days- I think I am shrinking with my old age!)
Fun picture! And this was the first time in years that we actually celebrated with other people when the new year actually was happening! Bonnie had just had a baby, so they had to leave around 10, but Alicia and Jeremy stayed til about 12:30! So goodbye 2011, Hello 2012... I do hope you have better things in store for us this year! We could use a fun, happy year!

















1 comment:
We had a great time with you guys for NYE! And... I agree, here's to a much better year! Hugs sweet friend!! Looking forward to hanging out more this summer:)
Alicia
Post a Comment