Friday, December 9, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

My little pumpkin!
Because we were gone the whole week before Thanksgiving, I had to have the house ready before we left.  I was pretty proud of myself for having my act together and came up with a fun table centerpiece!
Allie and I made little turkeys for each family and we put what we were thankful about each of them on the leaves.  We had a hard time finding good pine cones even though we looked for almost 2 weeks beforehand!  (There were GREAT ones in SC, so we packed some for next year!)  Allie really enjoyed doing this and they turned out cute.
 Our flight landed about noon and we got home about 1pm Thanksgiving day!  Everyone was coming for dinner at 4!!!!!!  My parents came about 1 to help get things going and Allie enjoyed helping make twice baked potatoes!  I had actually been up since 4am that morning (2 hours before I had to) because Allie was making tons of noise in her sleep and then fell off the bed....  So I had been up since 3am Houston time that day.  Unfortunately, I was very tired and not much fun!
 Allie LOVED having her cousins to play with!
 Almost ready...
Did I mention that this was the perfect set up as I really did not cook anything??!!!
 Our house will not allow for a long table to hold everyone, so we just split up with several tables.

 Amanda played her guitar and sang for us!  She did a great job and she is very talented!  Allie got all her babies and put them in front of her like they were watching her too! (notice the strollers)
 Fun times!
 Clean up time!  This was actually a great arrangement for us because everyone brought stuff and then somehow we ended up with tons of YUMMY left overs!  And I didn't have to cook for several days afterwards!
Our Thanksgiving tree this year...
 The Klubnik clan at breakfast the next morning.  Jon's brother's family lives in Austin so they stay with us for the night.
 Playing "ring around the Rosie"
Allie and Riley.
It was a crazy holiday, but fun to see everybody and we are so thankful for our families!  It has been a very hard year and we have had lots of support from them and we have been so thankful for it!

No comments: