Thursday, June 9, 2011

Allie's first day at Summer MDO

I have to post this as it was so super adorable!

She started  MDO one day a week at First Baptist Houston today and all week I had been trying to explain that she would have a new school, teachers, and friends.  Of course, I didn't really expect her to grasp exactly what that meant and she kept saying "I go to another school this week; with Miss Amy and Miss Christie too."
As I was dropping her off this morning, I could tell she was nervous  so I kept telling her it would be so much fun and we even looked at the new indoor playground that is RIGHT next to her room.
I took her to the potty when we went into the class (there were only 2 boys in there at the time), and when we came out she started to cry.
She looked at her teacher and said "I need a tissue!"  the teacher went to go get it and Allie told her "thank you" while still crying.  The other teacher asked her if she wanted to color the butterflies she was making and Allie looked at me; sniffles and all, then walked over to the chair to sit down.  She wiped her nose and took a deep breath and looked back at me as if to say she was going to be "OK!"  Both teachers looked at me and we all almost started to laugh!  It was the SWEETEST thing!  I wish I had it on video!
She seems very mature for her age and she just cracks me up with the things she says and does!

No comments: