(my camera was on manual focus- I didn't know it...)
She was SO excited that night...
Until about 30 minutes into bedtime and then she didn't want anything to do with her bed! Instead she insisted upon sleeping on her huge frog! I made a pallet on the floor and that is where she has remained for the last 2 weeks! I am hoping in the next week to get her in her bed-we will see!
And then 5 days into the sleeping on the floor we decided that it was time for the binkie fairy to come! She was having a hard time settling down and getting to sleep so I thought "why go through this again in a couple of months- let's just get it all over with at once!" Oh my... what was I thinking!??? (I think my friend Allison did it right by taking it away when her little girl turned one- they forget quicker!)
Jon was doing the MS150 and my friend Diana came over with her little girl Noa and Allie kept talking about giving her binkie to Baby Charlotte (our friend's little baby girl).
So why not?? That night we got an envelope and labeled it to"baby Charlotte" then we put it in the mail. I told her the Binkie fairy would bring her a dollhouse in the morning. Check out her expression! She was not too sure about all of this!
Allie's present for being a big girl!
It has been a rough couple of weeks, but I think she has finally"forgotten" about the binkie! So within a 3 week time period Allie stopped wearing diapers (except at nap and bedtime and has had only 1 accident), gave up her beloved binkie, and got out of her crib! She is officially a Big Girl now! It makes me sad to think all of her baby things are gone, but I am so happy to see how fun she is as she grows up!
1 comment:
Ok some how I missed this post...WOW!! I am soo impressed with Allie! YAY! What a CUTE CUTE idea about the binky fairy. You were sweet about it...we were not! ha! I am sure we'll have to get creative with Blake as I am thinking he will not give that thing up in just two short months....
Proud of Allie (and you too for sticking to it!)
Post a Comment