1. Maternity clothes
Maternity shirts can be bought at any store and don't need to even be labeled maternity! TJMaxx is a great place to find bargains! JcPenny's actually has the best maternity jeans as you can still zip and button them! The best pair of black versatile pants are made by Noppies and will cost you about $100, BUT well worth every dollar! (recommended to me by friends and I didn't believe them at first!) Jogging and yoga pants are awesome and you don't need to buy maternity in these either. Motherhood Maternity is good for t-shirts and bras- but not much else! (side note on bras- during weeks 30-37 I felt like I was being suffocated by them and after buying several, including getting fitted for one, I realized it was useless! Now that baby has dropped, I can breathe again!)
2.Baby items
Who knew having a baby these days required so much stuff! Carter's has some awesome sales for clothing, but so does TJMaxx! Babies R Us always sends out coupons (get on their mailing list)- wait for one before buying big ticket items. Other than that, I have no idea what is really essential, but I am sure I will learn!
3. Parenting styles
I have read a number of good books to prepare for baby and I wanted to get the different spectrum's on each style (Baby Wise, The Happiest Baby on the Block, Baby Whisperer, Baby 411). Basically, there are two ways of thinking: Demand feeding/ attachment parenting or scheduled /parent led. So which one do I agree with? Both! I think each of them have valid points and are useful for different situations. Here's my reasoning:
I was up the other night (around 2am) watching some TV. I watched a couple episodes of The Dog Whisperer with Caesar Milan (love the show) and then I also watched some of the British version of the show called It's Me or the Dog. Caesar's approach to training is to become the calm submissive pack leader to get your dog to follow you (parent led) and Victoria's approach is to train the dog using treats (sorta like attachment parenting). Both trainers are effective in what they do and I can see how both types are useful depending on the dog. So I am glad that I have read about both ends of the parenting debate because now I can see which aspects will work for us and also to know that Baby's personality will play a huge role in how we parent. Plus, I am sure I will be bombarded by advice from well meaning people (no offense to family), but now I can say "Thank you- I will consider that, but we may do things differently!"
4. Clueless
I also realize that Jon and I have no idea what we are in for! We are still trying to decide on a name and we have so many expectations of what we think it will be like. It is a new journey for us and I am so thankful to be going through it with Jon. I know we will be stretched, and stressed and probably frustrated with each other at times- but I wouldn't want to go through it with anybody else and I am very thankful for my wonderful husband. Plus, I already know what his response to me will always be "Don't worry about it Tiffany; it's fine!" ;o)
5. Countdown
Only 14 more days to go before Baby's Due Date, and contrary to my doctor's wishes I am not scheduling her day of arrival! As much of a planner that I am, I just think it will be such a fun surprise to let God decide when she is ready (or as Jon puts it- done cooking). So now the only thing left to do is sit back, relax, and wait to meet our precious little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment