ay! After arriving at the hospital at 3am we began a journey into an incredible experience of what it means to have your whole world changed! My doctor checked on me at 8am and I was already 6cm. At that point the contractions were still very tolerable and he thought I was handling the pain just fine without an epidural- so I
decided I would go for it! At 12:30 I was only 7 cm, so my doctor decided it would speed up the process if he broke my water. And sure enough, in 5 minutes I was 9 cm! ( 10cm is complete)
That began a VERY LONG and painful hour that seemed like it would never end! I was no longer able to play cards, read, watch TV, or sit on my ball because the pain became so intense! I really didn't think I was going to be able to take one more contraction and I hurt so bad! And just when I couldn't do that anymore, it was time to push which began a whole new process and intensity of pain! After 30 minutes of pushing and thinking I was going to die in the process, I heard the words "IT'S A GIRL- YOU DID IT!"
I must admit that she looked a little interesting all purple and covered in white stuff! But she sure is beautiful now and it was so fun to see Jon holding her!
Her Birthday is February 6, 2009 (2-6-09) at 2:06 pm (could not have planned that better if I tried), 6lbs 7 oz, and 19 inches long. She has lots of dark brown hair and no cone head!!
Her welcoming committee included both sets of grandparents, my brother's family, my sister in-laws parents, and Andy and Lorena Ward.
We had a very busy day, but it was sooooo exciting to finally get to meet our precious little girl! And now the journey begins....
5 comments:
Congrats Jon and Tiff! She looks beautiful and I'm so glad she is here and healthy!
Lindsay
I am so happy for you. Just sit back and relax because now the fn begins.
Congratulations. So begins a new way of life. How exciting! Blessings.
Allie is gorgeous, and you are certainly right when you said that the journey is now beginning...enjoy it!
Congratulations Tiffany! She is beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment