Monday, November 24, 2008

What is the proper thing to do?....

Ok here is the situation; you are trying to find a hair stylist close to home without paying an arm and a leg for a haircut and partial high -lights. Then you find one, show up and realize as the guy is cutting your hair that he really doesn't know what he is doing and you just made a huge mistake. You don't want him to touch anymore of your hair, so you say "OK- that's good " without him even blow drying it. You go to pay and realize you still spent the $125 you were trying not to spend. Then you get in the car and start crying! By the time you get home and rewash, and style it you realize you have a huge chunk of hair missing in the front where 3 inches of very slow growing hair used to be and your high lights looked horrible!

Add to that hormones of being pregnant, spending 3 hours at the hospital, having your blood drawn 4 times within those 3 hours this morning, and I ask " what is the proper thing to do?" Do you go back and ask for a refund? Do you just go somewhere else and hand over your wallet for someone to fix what just happened (as if they could actually glue your hair back on)? Do you forget about it and go around looking like a fool?

Well, in case you have not caught on- I just had the WORST HAIRCUT and COLOR ever!!!! My gracious husband who was at a complete loss of words and what to do, kindly drove me back to the salon where; yes, I told them it was horrible- all I had to do was show them the results and they gave me my money back.
So now, I get to go spend another couple of hours tomorrow at the one salon I trust and spend a small fortune to get my hair fixed! Needless to say, the entire year it took me to grow my hair out is now gone and hopefully what is left won't fall out because of the horrible color job that was done!
And no, I am not posting a picture of what I look like right now!

I will list one thing I am thankful for though so this whole entry is not bad... Jon was very supportive and kind and was very helpful during this whole thing tongiht! I am glad that he didn't just tell me to forget about it or not too worry about it! He did the right thing by saying we can get it fixed; don't worry about the cost! (however, that is a major worry right now)! So thank you Jon!

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

Oh...that happened to me once and the guy had the nerve to ask me out at the end of it. It looked like a 1st grader had randomly cut chunks out of my hair. I feel your pain --- and it's worse for you due to the hormones! Blue bell and magic shell made me feel better!

Tony and Lindsay said...

oh no!! I'm glad you got your money back! You SHOULD post a pic! Thats what blogs are for! :)
I'm so sorry!!
Lindsay