
The world of technology is so great today! I have definitely become spoiled with ultrasounds and if I go more than a couple of weeks without one, I feel like I am missing out on something really big! (yes, I am only 14 1/2 weeks- but we have already had 6 of them!)
The first two pictures were taken b/c I thought I had another infection, and they couldn't find the heartbeat on the sound scan thing. So, before I could totally freak out, they did a scan to look for the baby.
The last picture was taken this past Friday in Colorado! I was having really bad cramps on Thursday and by the time my nurse called me back (6 hrs later) and I got the message (5:05pm), they were closed. So off to Colorado we went Friday morning. I left another message with the nurse and when she called back we had just landed. She couldn't believe I would leave town when I was cramping and not get checked out... to which I replied " that was why I called yesterday!". So I was told I needed to go to the emergency room and get checked out.
We landed in Denver and drove straight to the nearest emergency room and promptly waited for 5 hours to see a doctor!! Yes, 5 hours of sitting there waiting to know if baby was ok! I was a wreck and starving! But we were VERY thankful that baby was doing well and has a strong heartbeat! The doctor said it was most likely my ligaments being stretched.
I think both of us are still just so anxious with all that has happened with our friends this summer, that we are really being cautious right now.
I really do think that having a baby is a miracle. Maybe not in the Biblical sense as my husband points out- but to have a human being grow inside of you and we have absolutely no control over the process is amazing! God knows exactly which cells go where and how everything fits together! It's soooo cool!
1 comment:
amen sister! I mean sister-in-law! It is absoutely miraculous to me too and what a privilege it is to be able to experience it!! Have fun in Hawaii!
Post a Comment