Since I was about 10 years old, I was the one to decorate our house with Christmas lights outside and some if not most of the inside decorations. However, this year with a new house and a newborn I am saddened to say that I have not done a good job of doing either! Jon and Allie attempted to put lights outside and although there are lights up, half of them are still not working and we are surrounded by houses that look awesome! I know I have to let it go, but it's just such a big part of me that it is hard! Inside we at least have the main tree up and Allie's tree (both of which the lights would not work and required restringing) and her stocking and a handful of decorations. But overall, it looks pretty sad! I have not even been able to put the boys' tree up...
My mom helping Allie decorate her tree upstairs. And there are lots of new ballerina and cupcake ornaments this year on it!
Allie wanted to hold Kyle and then she said "Don't you want to take my picture?" Hahaahaa! Supposedly the second child does not have as many pictures as the first, but I think with our IPhone we will have more of him than I do of Allie! In fact, I know I do already!
Jon's cousin Jen made this hat for Kyle!! I wish we had more cold weather so he could wear it more!
Week 4
Allie, Meagan, Audrey, and Kirsten having some girl time!
All the kids (minus Kyle) and Good thing for Blake that Kyle will help even out the boy/girl ratio!
The hubbies
And of course the girls!!! Later that week, we went out for a girl's dinner and gift exchange! It was my first time out without Kyle and Jon did great watching him! Last year, Bonnie's littlest girl; Kampbell was only weeks old and now this year, Kyle was only 2 weeks old!
Allie had two programs at school and the first day she was dressed as Mary and did such a great job! It was really cute and what was even cuter was all the parents and grandparents with cameras, videos, and IPhone taking a million pictures! And Jon was one of them and it was SUPER cute!
Family picture!
Allie's class the second program day. This time she was an angel (red dress on right). I also attempted nursing in public for the first time with Kyle... Let's just say we survived and won't be trying that again for awhile! HA!Napping in his crib! He has actually had several nights of 5 hours straight between feedings. Of course they are preceded by marathon feedings! (that actually started when he was a couple days old of feeding a lot then sleeping a lot!)
Both daddy and Kyle napping! I have to have Jon get him to sleep a lot of the time and he is good at it! This is Kyle at 4 weeks and he looks like a little man!! He has always been so alert and aware of things and it seems like he can already look at you right in the eyes and track you. Not like most newborns!


Allie wearing her Christmas outfits... Have to wear them as much as possible before she outgrows them! Which by the way, half of her pants this year are way too short and I had to go out and by new ones so she would not have high waters! I have to remember that she will be 4 in less than 2 months!
Memories of 3-4 weeks
Umbilical cord fell off. loves taking a bath. the constant diaper changing has slowed down and diaper malfunction has stopped. (Pampers did not work for him) Being sick and trying to make sure he didn't get sick. Being so excited that he made it 5 hours before feeding again. Realizing that I have no problem with milk supply this time around. He started to get baby acne all over his face and head. Hauling him around everywhere in the car seat because of big sister. First grocery store trip with both kids and surviving! Having Jon walk him around the house to get him back to sleep in the middle of the night after I tried for over an hour (several nights). His squirming and grunting until he became free if I tried to swaddle him. Realizing that I have the sweetest little boy ever and thankfully he is an easy baby so far!










No comments:
Post a Comment