Jon and I went in for my 18 week check up and we had my Dr. write down in an envelope the gender of the baby. The intent was to open the envelope first and then have a cake made that would reveal the gender to our parents. Well, this was just before our move and things got crazy and we never even opened the envelope until on our way back to the Dr.'s a week later! (But because I video all of the ultrasounds, I watched it and figured out at least a good guess.) Which was why I did not bug Jon to open it! The next visit confirmed the gender and so it was time to tell the parents!
A week after we moved in, we had both parents come over and we celebrated Father's day and this as well. (we had JUST moved in for Father's day and it completely slipped my mind!) So in keeping with being free of artificial coloring and preservatives, I made the cake and the inside was to be either strawberries for pink (girl) or blueberries for blue (boy). I did cheat on the green lettering because I could scrape that right off and I didn't know how to make green!![]() |
| Jon's Father's day gift. 8x10 canvas with Allie's handprints |
I love the look on Allie's face! The guesses were Boy: 3 Girl :2
Everyone got a knife and was allowed to cut into it
Can you see what color it is????
But according to Allie it is still a girl and in fact the baby is in her tummy and actually there are 4 babies in her tummy! I think she is finally coming to grips with it not being a boy but it took 2 weeks!
Baby boy is doing fabulous and even is measuring a week ahead! He looks super cute on the ultrasounds and we are just so thankful that he is healthy and I am not showing any signs of labor!
This picture was taken today at almost 22 weeks.
you can see his profile and his legs (knees bent).
Would appreciate your continued prayers as this is exactly the time we were in Colorado with the boys and ended up in the hospital with the infection. I don't want to be a nervous wreck but I am anxious at times.



2 comments:
Congrats! Exciting blue news.
I'll pray for you, Tiffany.
Post a Comment