A few weeks back, Jon was trying to explain the gospel to Allie (age 2). He got very creative and told her that Jesus took away her "naughty spoon" so she could go to Heaven and live with Jesus in a big house (they are building one down the street that they like to go look at together.)
She seems to have really gotten the point because since then almost every night, and at random times she will say "Jesus took my naughty spoon- LET'S PRAY ABOUT IT!" So then we say a prayer thanking Jesus for taking her naughty spoon so she can live in Heaven one day. To which she will add "And see Great Grandma and brothers (sometimes she will say Michael and Jake)!" Today she looked at me after praying this at breakfast and she added "That's pretty cool!"
The things that she says sometimes make me laugh and cry at the same time! I love hearing her profound statements and that she really does seem to understand SO much. Having 3 siblings up in Heaven is just going to be normal part of her life. She won't know any differently and I am OK with that. I think she is capable of handling the information and it will never be weird or uncomfortable for her to talk about Heaven to others. She even carries around two babies at MDO and told her teacher that she had twins and their names were Michael and Jake!

2 comments:
Such a sweet post! I love the picture of Allie, she is a doll.
Little late on reading this one. That is the cutest way to try to explain the purpose of Jesus to her. And I think it is just awesome that you talk and remember Michael, Jake and Baby Klubnik. She will always know who they are. The pictures you got taken are just priceless. I am glad you did it...and you should do it each year as a nice memory for the boys.
Post a Comment