Monday, February 15, 2010

Allie's FIRST Birthday

We had a Frog theme for her First Birthday- same as her room and my baby shower last year.

It has officially been ONE year since we welcomed our little baby girl into the world! At times, it seems like a LONG time ago and yet at other times; just yesterday! No longer does my little dog, Raymond, jump into my lap when I sit down, no longer are the pots and Tupperware kept in the cabinets until they are needed, no longer can we sleep in on Saturday mornings, no longer can we take the trash out with out it smelling like dirty diapers, and no longer are we waiting to have the joy of our lives look at us and say "Momma and Dadda!"
Lots of changes, but each new stage brings so many wonderful new insights into who Allie Keegan will become. Her little personality is starting to shine through and hearing her talk is so much fun! She is definitely not shy and loves to get other people to look at her when we go out places. She will talk up a storm at times and loves to laugh (and scream in car now)!

For her Birthday, we had family and our friends over for a small lunch party. I decided to try my luck at making her a special cake and did a homemade Strawberry cake with Fondant icing. I must admit that it turned out pretty good- tasted very yummy and if you don't look too closely; it looks pretty good.

We started the day off with chocolate chip pancakes and her favorite strips of ham.
I made Pot Roast and roasted potatoes and Allie's favorite ; sweet baby carrots. She loved it all and even had seconds!

Jon made her a separate cupcake for her to eat in hopes of her making a big mess all over her face with the icing.


But, she chose the more lady-like approach of picking at it and then not even eating a single bit of it! She really prefers vegetables to sweets and I would like to keep it this way as long as possible! I am SOOOO thankful she did not inherit my picky eating habits and dislike for most food in general!

She had a great time opening up presents and playing with the paper!
Julia got inside a present bag and Allie thought that was funny.
She didn't take a morning nap, so she was not able to stay up for very long in the afternoon.
We enjoyed getting to celebrate her Birthday and in the years to come, I hope I remember not to go crazy with trying to do outrageous parties! :O)
Later that night, we actually went to another birthday party (Allie's first party that she was invited to) for a little girl in our Sunday school class, Laney Hill. Last year, there were 4 babies born within 2 weeks of each other (3 within 5 days of each other) and Laney was born 2 days before Allie.

Sunday, Jon decided to make good use of the balloons that were already losing their helium(!) and gave Allie some nice hairdos!

Monday, we went for her one year doctor appointment. She is now in the 65% for height (29in) and weight (21lbs) and still only 15% for her little head!
And speaking of heads- last night after her bath, I noticed the back of her hair had a few little curls in them!!! They were gone this morning, but there is hope that she will get some curls (although in the front it is so straight and will only go straight forward!)
She is not walking yet, although she has taken a few steps on her own. She will stand on her own until she realizes it and then wants you to hold her- silly girl! Maybe by Easter she will be walking and I won't have to clean my floors all the time!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Great post! She is adorable:) You did an outstanding job for her birthday and the cake was too cute.

Alicia Searl said...

Happy Birthday Allie!! I love the frog theme and I am proud of her for being such a lady with the cake! I love the pic of the hair sticking up with the balloon- looks like she had a blast!

Tony and Lindsay said...

That balloon picture was sooo funny with her hair sticking up! :) Great job on the party Tiff!

Lindsay

Allie said...

So cute! I love the cake!! You did a great job! She is a cutie pie! Let's get Meagan and allie together to play!