Tuesday, August 18, 2009

6 month photos and my life










I can finally say that I know what my day will look like in advance. Allie is now on a pretty consistent schedule of awake at 6:45-7 eat and play then back to bed at 8-8:15. She will wake up anywhere from around 10-11 eat, play and we usually run some sort of errand. Then nap again around 1-2 until about 3-4. Same thing again eat dinner and play, sometimes swim or run an errand and then in bed by 6-6:30. And sleeping all night! I do love having a schedule!!! Now I just need to figure out how to have a life outside of my house with a baby who sleeps so much and won't sleep if we are out and about!
I have realized that getting to see friends is a real treat these days; in fact I think after having Allie we lost a lot of friends and now we are trying to make new ones! So my big accomplishments today were we went to HEB and got groceries and then later we went to Walmart to look for a Johnny Jump up for Allie. I even did some house cleaning in between! And tomorrow I have lunch plans with a friend, so all in all I guess I am doing OK. I guess I just feel very isolated at times, love being a mom- just getting used to a different lifestyle now!
The above pictures I took with a black tablecloth over our couch and made a tutu with left over tulle from my baby shower. I was very happy with the way they turned out and I just adore looking at her sweet face.

4 comments:

Libbie Hill said...

Love the black and white photo of her cute face! Please call us if you ever want to get out. We are always up for playdates. Carter has his share, but Laney doesn't get to hang out with "her" friends too much! We would love to have you all over!

Tony and Lindsay said...

ok, I'm SO stealing this idea when Jillian turns 6 months!!They are great pictures! :)
Lindsay

The Smiths said...

Hang in there. Mothering can get very isolating at time, but it is well worth it. She'll eventually give up her morning nap and you'll have a whole morning to get out and about with friends!

Allie said...

Those are sooo cute!! PLEASE come see us in Sugar Land!!! ANYTIME!!!